Saturday, October 17, 2009

Francois

I had brunch today with some friends, from NY, and was invited to go to Thailand next November 6th for their wedding. Excellente! One less vacation I have to plan myself.

While at brunch, I heard a very disturbing story from another couple. Turns out that the new neighborhood they moved into is full of racists. To top it off, these racists are sorta color blind. So... their dog is a medium-sized dog, good natured, loving, and wouldn't hurt a fly (ok maybe a squirrel). While in their new neighborhood, they have had multiple instances of people yelling at them while walking their dog, running away from them, and flat out refusing to have anything to do with them. After a few weeks of this insane abuse, they decide to work up the courage and find out what the hell is going on.

Enter Francois. The old tenants of the house (that my friends moved into) had a black rott-mastiff mix. Yep, you guessed it, he was a Terror. He was often unattended and off a leash biting the neighborhood dogs and causing a general ruckus. Turns out the neighborhood dogs were genuinely scared of all black dogs now. Who would have known! To date, my friends have no intention of leaving and making the neighborhood any "safer"!

1 comment:

annie said...

There is a dog in my building who hates black dogs. Apparently it was attacked at some point by one, and now, whenever he sees one, he goes at 'em. The owner has to pick him up and kind of grab his muzzle every time Luca & I walk by him!